Porcelain is nothing short of intriguing material. Why do we call it intriguing? Because it has two
contradicting properties. It is hard and brittle at the same time! This factor comes into play when
you want to start drilling through it.
Porcelain tiles are among the most favorite choices for bathrooms. This is because they are
aesthetically pleasing and functional. They are also versatile, and you can use them not just for the
floors but also for the countertops and walls. Now, bathrooms often require plumbing work. You
might also want to install a towel rack or a soap dispenser. All these need drilling.
Porcelain, being hard, requires additional effort and a dedicated set of drill bits. If you use ordinary
ones or those, which are not specific to porcelain, you may end up drilling for hours together. This
may also cause damage. Thankfully, it is quite easy to find the best drill bits for hard porcelain tiles.
You just need to know where to look. To guide you in your quest, we have compiled our favorite drill
bits for you. Read on to find out which ones are the best in 2019.
Best Drill Bit for Porcelain Tile
1. Neiko 00823A Diamond Grit Hole Saw Drill Bit Set
This is a small set of 5 drill bits from Neiko. Each of the drill bits is of a different size, enabling you to pick exactly what’s needed for your specific purpose. Let’s find out why this set is Amazon’s Choice and the first one on our list:
- It has a diamond coating for exceptional performance and a sharp edge for cutting.
- The nickel plating makes the drill bits resistant to corrosion and increases the tool’s life.
- The side holes make it easy to remove slug once the drilling is complete.
- The sizes of the drill bits are ¼”, ½”, 3/8”, 5/16”, and 5/32”.
- The cutting depth offered is ¼” and ¾”.
- You can use the drill bits not just for porcelain but also for glass and ceramic tile.
2. Diamond Drill Bits for Porcelain Tile
Here’s a complete set of diamond drill bits for you! The ten pieces are durable, versatile, and can
help you drill into a variety of materials besides porcelain. We have listed out the set’s highlights for
you right here:
- They drill a complete circle through porcelain, glass, tiles, marble, granite, and ceramic. This
implies that you can use it for a wide range of purposes.
- The drill bits are coated with diamond and made with high-speed steel. It is durable and long-lasting.
- You can expect high precision and a very smooth cut with any of these drill bits. You won’t
have to worry about broken edges any longer.
- The size of the drill bits ranges from 6 to 32 mm.
- The manufacturers suggest that you use water as a lubricant to extend the life of the drill
3. Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set
Designed for general use, the Bastex Diamond Hole Saw Bits are durable and promise superior performance. They are a set of 3 pieces that you can select from depending on your work. Let’s
quickly walk through their features now:
- You can use them without fear on multiple different materials such as porcelain, ceramic,glass, light stone, fiberglass, slate, marble, cut glass, wood, and granite.
- They are better than standard drill bits (that don’t have a diamond coating) when it comes
- They are of very high quality. They are made with high strength carbon steel that accounts for their durability and precision at the same time. They are also very strong.
- All drill bits go through multiple checks and processing so that they provide exact finish
- The sizes of the drill bits are 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm.
- The depth offered is up to 7/8 inches.
- Make sure you use water as a cooling agent for safety.
4. BLENDX Diamond Drill Bits for Porcelain Tile
This set of 10 drill bits from BLEND X has a core drill style, and hole saw. You can use any of them in
either way. The set has multiple features and benefits due to which it is also Amazon’s Choice. We
have enlisted the most important ones here.
- The sizes range from 6 mm to 50 mm, giving you the ultimate versatility.
- You can use the drill bits with drill glass, block jars, porcelain tiles, slate marble, granite light
stone, fiberglass, etc. However, it shows the best performance with porcelain tiles and glass.
- You cannot use it with concrete. Also, the manufacturer warns us not to try attaining a
depth beyond ½-inch.
- It provides precise and clean cuts.
- To avoid the burning of the diamond core, you must use water for lubrication. Also, maintain
low pressure while drilling to prolong the drill bits’ life.
5. Drilax 10 Pieces Diamond Coated Drill Bit Set
The Drilax drill bits are extremely well-made and aesthetic. They are versatile and serve various
purposes, not just in the bathroom but around the house. Let’s explore their offerings here:
- You get a full-fledged set of 10 pieces. The sizes range from 5/32” to 1”.
- You can use the drill bits with both battery-operated and electric drillers.
- They are ideal for DIY projects involving porcelain tiles, granite, ceramic, and glass.
- The drill bits don’t come with a center pilot drill.
- The shank sizes are varied with the maximum being 3/8.
- Use plumber’s putty to collect water so that the drill bit never runs dry during usage.
Whichever drill bits you pick from the above, we are positive you will be happy with them. The only
thing to do remember is to never let the drill bits run dry during usage and always to wear protective gear. Also, while you may get enticed with the 10-piece sets, we urge you to keep your requirements
in mind before you buy them. If you engage in multiple DIY projects, 10 pieces may help. Otherwise,
even a set of 3 will suffice. Be sure and save money!