Are you looking for the best saw for cutting 2×4 wood? You are quite the DIY enthusiast, we see. And you have come to the right place!
2×4 wood has many uses at home, especially when there’s a woodworker around. But, it is also quite hard to work with. This is why you need a dedicated saw in your workshop. Many experts say that a woodworking station is incomplete without one of these!
Uses of 2×4 wood pieces
We mentioned earlier that this size of wood has multiple applications. Let’s see what they are:
- Studs for walls
- Outdoor furniture including decks, saunas, hot tub railing, etc. (for redwood)
- Log cabins (for cedarwood)
A brief about the 2×4 size
If you are a newbie, you must pay attention to what we say in this section. There is a significant difference between the 2×4 size of wood and what you actually get under its name. This is because the wood is measured when it is first sawn. This is the rough cut. At this point, it indeed measures 2×4.
This is not how it is sold, though. The rough cut is dried and planed with a machine so that you get a smooth log. The final measurements are usually 1 ½ x 3 ½.
Why we are specifically mentioning is so that you don’t get confused while choosing your wood. You may not find the exact 2×4 measurements, and that’s absolutely okay. Go through the descriptions of the products to find 1 ½ x 3 ½. That’s your wood right there!
Best saw for cutting 2×4 wood
Now that you know how to find the perfect 2×4 wood, let’s take you over the best saws to cut it. The market, of course, is full of options, but we will only bring you the best. Keep reading!
1. SKIL Circular Saw
The SKIL Circular Saw is a favorite among many DIY woodworkers. It is easy to use and gives you value for money. The fact that it is lightweight contributes to its easy operation, and this feature comes handy when there’s a lot of cutting to do. Let’s see what else it offers:
- It has a 14 Amp motor that provides more power than its predecessors. You can also choose the 13 Amp variant based on your needs.
- You don’t have to worry about user fatigue at all since it is lightweight.
- It has a 51-degree bevel that ensures an excellent cut capacity. You can also get a positive stop at 45 degrees.
- The machine’s dust blower keeps all the dust away from the line of cut.
- It comes with a 20-tooth carbide blade.
- It is a 7 ¼-inch circular saw.
- Its voltage is 60 V.
- The machine has a spindle lock, making it very easy for you to change blades.
- It also comes with a wrench so that you have the entire toolkit with you.
2. Genesis 5.8 Amp Circular Saw
The Genesis Saw is known to be compact, but it sure packs a punch. It is quite powerful and provides an excellent grip during usage. Here are a few more details sure to knock your socks off:
- It has a 5.8 Amp motor and 3500 RPM.
- It supplies maximum torque because it uses triple-gear reduction.
- You can cut your 2x material without problems or user fatigue because it only measures 7 ¼ inches. It is not bulky at all!
- Its blade is tipped with carbide and tungsten. The blade measures 4 ½ inches.
- The machine comes with a vacuum adapter and a dust port. They work together to keep your workspace away from sawdust.
- You can customize the bevel and depth settings based on your project. However, you should note that it only offers a maximum depth of 1-11/16 inches at 90 degrees. The bevel can reach 1 1/8 inches at 45 degrees.
- It provides superior cutline visibility.
- You can use the machine with ease, even for awkward cuts and tight spots.
- While it is perfect for drywall and sub-floor, you can also use it to cut aluminum and copper. That makes it a truly multifunctional saw.
- The manufacturers offer a 2-year warranty.
3. TACKLIFE Circular Saw for cutting 2×4 wood
The Tacklife Circular Saw has a metal handle with 6 blades. It is ideal not just for wood but also for soft metals, plastic, and tiles. This means you can use it for multiple reasons without breaking a sweat. Please go through the following points for details about the saw:
- Its laser design and metal handle together work to reduce fatigue and offer better stability & force.
- You can install and disassemble it pretty quickly and conveniently. All you need to do is to rotate the handle. There’s no need for auxiliary tools.
- The motor is made of copper and has a power of 5.8 Amp. You can expect awesome operations at 3,500 RPM.
- It is not one or two but 6 blades. You can change the blades based on the material you are cutting.
- The machine provides flexible 45-degree and 90-degree bevel cutting. The capacity is 1 3/8 inches and 1 11/16 inches, respectively.
- Its ergonomic design promises double protection. It also has a switch that ensures safety, avoiding accidental opening. The design also makes one-hand operation very convenient.
- The circular saw has an elbow dust port to keep the sawdust away from the workspace.
- You also get a parallel guide and a user manual to help you with the machine’s usage.
- The circular saw is highly rated when it comes to maneuverability and safety.
4. Rockwell Compact Circular Saw
Oh, here we have Amazon’s Choice! The Rockwell Compact Circular Saw is so popular and reliable that Amazon is now featuring it as its personal choice. Why is that so? Take a look at its features to find out:
- It has a 5 Amp motor that works on electricity. Yet, it is compact and easy to handle.
- It matches the performance of large saws at 3,500 RPM.
- It measures only 4 ½ inches.
- You can use the saw to cut through a 2×4 wood piece in a single pass. That’s how smooth it is.
- The manufacturers say that it is around 50% lighter than other circular saws in its league.
- The grip is slim and inline, giving you excellent control and balance. It is also very comfortable.
- Overhead cuts are also very easy because of the amount of control it offers. Maneuvering is a piece of cake!
- At 90 degrees, you will be able to cut until 1 11/16 inches, and at 45 degrees, the maximum cut you can expect is 1 1/8 inches.
- The arbor size is 3/8 inches.
- The blade design is left-handed. This ensures excellent cutline visibility.
- You can either buy the circular saw or combine it with a blade and buy the whole package.
5. WORX WORXSAW – Circular Saw for cutting 2×4 wood
The WORXSAW is available in two models, corded and cordless. The cordless one has 20 V. No matter which model you choose, you can rest assured that cutting through 2×4 wood will be utterly easy for you. Let’s find out more:
- The saw lets you cut the wood in a single pass.
- It has been designed to give you excellent control and maneuverability.
- It is lighter and more compact than conventional saws, but when it comes to power, it is just as good.
- The saw has a depth gauge lever and bevel adjustments from 0 to 45 degrees. This lets you make a variety of cuts.
- You can use the saw to cut wood, plastic, tile, and metal.
- To ensure proper cutline visibility, the manufacturers offer a left-handed design for the blade.
- The blade has a carbide tip. It is also quite thin, minimizing tool strain significantly.
- In the box, along with the saw, you will get the blade, an Allen key, a parallel guide, a vacuum adapter, a manual, and a warranty card valid for 3 years.
The best saw for cutting 2×4 wood is the one that’s lightweight, easy to use, and easy to control. All of the above examples satisfy these criteria. This is why all of them are the right choices. We urge you to compare and choose one based on your personal preferences.
If you have any doubts or are unable to decide, please feel free to leave a comment. We will get back to you with answers.